Around 30+ changes since 8.3
v9.0 is FINALY out. A couple of months later then planned, So sorry about that.
Windows 10 has a new way on managing windows, A bug I would say but it has not been fixed since Win10 1803, The bug caused MC to lose focus after copy dialog was shown. This issues is now fixed by a total rewrite of how all the progress windows are shown and handled.
Also MC now has support for Virtual Device, and this is a virtual device that can show files and folders that are located in other places., A virtual view of the files. The benefits on this is all other features that work on files/folders on a device just works. Like showing different view mode (list, thumbnail), coloring and highlighting of files item, filtering, selection, using from script and so on. And the first thing that uses VirtualDevice is the FindFiles function. Now all searches are shown in a virtual device named RES1: to RES9: (If there are any issue you can still activate the old Search result panel in settings)
- Redesign of how progress windows are show to get around Windows 10 bug
- FileSearch is using the new VirtualDevice for search result
- Google Drive is now detected and show in dropdown and device toolbar
- Session Tab limit now 70 instead of 10
- Added option to enable workaround for 7Zip drag and drop issue
- Fixed issue when selected overwrite if newer when doing move operation in same disk
- Fixed crash when aborting file copy during prepare phase
- Many Stability issues fixed and minor fixes